Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anemone

Default anemone

I have had my tank running 6 months now, when can i add a anemone or do i have to wait 1 year? if i can add one what kind can i add

6 months is normally ok if ur parametors are ok and a bubbletip is a good starter but no offence with your track record so far id leave it until u get 2 understand things a bit better id get online and research flat out if i was u

Quote Originally Posted by simonc82 View Post
    6 months is normally ok if ur parametors are ok and a bubbletip is a good starter but no offence with your track record so far id leave it until u get 2 understand things a bit better id get online and research flat out if i was u
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by anthony34uk View Post
    I have had my tank running 6 months now, when can i add a anemone or do i have to wait 1 year? if i can add one what kind can i add
    as simon says,research them lad. anemone have to be fed just like fish and need stable water conditions. u top up yr tank manually? anemone dont like change in salinty level. they are also capable of wiping out yr tank,if they get sick and split out toxics in tank.

His params are ok amonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10 his tank been up 6 months and he does 2 25 litre water changes a week

Don't get one if the wipe out your tank anto or do get one and drop me up your yellow tang first lol

Quote Originally Posted by stratton View Post
    His params are ok amonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10 his tank been up 6 months and he does 2 25 litre water changes a week
    yes parameters are important mate,as they are for all corals,but anemones need mature tanks to live, so dont matter how many water changes he does, when comes to tank being mature, comes with time. i think 6 months is bit soon to be honest but thats just because in kill 2 in first year i had tank goin

U im not going to get one. As for the tang stratton if you catch him you can take him, but he is to fast and smart, we tried before and failed.

Barbless hook

Quote Originally Posted by stratton View Post
    Barbless hook
    This works, I have done this in the past. It won't work with a tang though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast